Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Enjoying Summer

The summer is flying by. My son can't believe me when I say "Do you know school starts again next month?" Here in small town Nebraska, school starts early, so it will be here before we know it!

I love this time of year, even when it's HOT HOT. The joy of having my kids home with me all day, playing is just #1 in my book. I am so blessed. There is so much to do and so little time. So hopefully we can get all the summer planned activities squeezed in, along with my craft/home projects. Got to take advantage of the nice weather while we can!

Here's a little taste of summer at our home.

Fresh picked flowers from our yard.


I just love my old $1 garage sale picnic basket!


 Watermelon anyone? I made this fun piece last year after finding this wedge in our yard after our neighbor cut a small tree down.


I hope you are all enjoying your summer so far! Have a beautiful day!

5 comments:

  1. great pictures! Check your email I sent you one yesterday!
    Have a great day!
    Blessings~
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with ya Kindra, before we know it Summer will be coming to a end. It's such a short season for us, wish it lasted longer.

    I love all your displays. And that watermellon is awesome! Such a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer sure does fly by quickly. My son will be gone in a month to college as well.
    I enjoyed the sneak summer peeks into your beautiful home. I have to comment on your redo-s and flag you posted about in your last post. BEAUTIFUL!! Love them both.
    Change is good and the changes you're making will be wonderful to see as well.
    Hugs to you~ Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I remember that w'melon from last year! Love it!

    My kids just got out of school on June 29th and will go back in early Sept. Just TODAY the sun came out and it finally feels like summer.

    Enjoy your time with your little guys... it goes way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked up a bunch of picnic baskets at sales this summer (pics to come). I really like your watermelon. Following back!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by my blog! I appreciate all your fun comments!