Monday, July 26, 2010

Flag Banner

Happy Monday!

Remember this flag photo (source unknown) I shared the other day. Well it was an inspiration to another To-Do Project for Son #1's room! He loves maps and flags, so this is perfect!


This was super easy to do! I cut up muslin fabric into rectangles. Son #1 didn't like the look of the edges cut off at angles so we let them stay as is. We did cut one flag with angles because he just loves Ohio's State flag! So hello to any of you Ohio readers! :)


You also need craft paint and water. It was much easier to paint the fabric with the paint a little watered down. And the most important requirement to this project is a cute helper. :)


Son #1 went through his atlas and picked out 7 countries he wanted. Plus 2 state flags: Ohio and Alaska. And the unofficial Nebraska state flag (Huskers). He picked out red ribbon for us to hot glue them on to. Attach to wall and easy peasy!


The ribbon was 1/2 off from Hobby Lobby. And I did use some watered down glaze to kind of age the flags down a bit.


Ode to Nebraska...football season will be starting soon. Our state loves college football season!






The memo board is from Goodwill for $2.


It was in great shape but missing a button. The buttons were too cutesy anyways, so we ripped the rest off. I had son #1 pick out some buttons out of our button stash. They are a wide variety of colors so I primed and painted them silver to go with the silver elements in his room. Then I just simply hot glued them on.


We're getting closer to getting his room finished. We'll be working on his desk and Son #2's bed this week, so stay tuned!


Have a Great Day!


Keeping It Simple

The Girl Creative





Kindra

15 comments:

  1. LOOKS FAB. love the rustic look of it. SUPER DARLING, thanks for linking! Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!! The flags came out so good!!:0) Can't wait to see the new desk and bed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love it when the kids can do it themselves! Makes them love it more! BTW~ I love maps, too.
    ★ Linda ★

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun and fabulous!

    And thanks for sharing the recipes this weekend. They look and sound delightful. Can't wait to test them out on the family ...


    ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flag banner! It looks great and what a great job your son did.
    I just added your new blog to my blog list. I'm so glad you sent out a little reminder. :)
    Enjoy all that zucchini! We've got lots of zucchini and summer squash as well. I'm lovin' it!
    Blessings to you~ Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kellon,
    I LOVE your flags!! Are you ready to go back to school?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go Huskers!! LOL! You did great on the banner with the help of your little one...he is such a cutey!!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't read the words on your blog when I am on my iPad or AOL so I'll have to wait until I can get on explored. But I can already tell you the banner came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so darn cute. You inspire me, as always. Have a super day today. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your son's room looks fabulous Kindra. He is a talented little boy, the flag bunting looks awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. They turned out great! And I love that your son helped... What a great way to be decorative and create a memory at the same time. Love the watered down look... makes them look distressed!

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute!! Love the Nebraska one...yay Cornhuskers!! ;)

    We were just in Gering a few weeks ago!!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by my blog! I appreciate all your fun comments!