Monday, July 5, 2010

Makeover Fun

I'll be sharing some past and new makeovers from time to time here. There nothing I like more than a good bargain! That's why I can't get enough of garage sale season! Woo! Last year, my friend Judy, gave me some old wood to work with (in return, I gave her one of my handmade birdhouses). Boy, did I have fun with this pile of wood!



I had some clearance Christmas ornaments (50 cents) lying around in my craft supplies and a summer project idea came to mind!




I painted an easy flag design on the boards....separated the ornament star to make 2 stars, painted them white...added dark walnut stain to the stars and boards and sealed. I purposely kept the the edges uneven. I like things that look distressed and NOT perfect! My hubby went ahead and screwed the boards on the outside of our shed. And I smile because the cost was next to nothing!




This summer, I found this chair at a garage sale for $1! Yeah! Pretty huh?






I painted it Ivory, sanded it down and then added dark walnut stain. It was headed outside so I sprayed some sealer on it. Added a simple $1 garage sale wreath and it looks great!



The chair is still shuffling around the yard...but as of now it's home is by the Ole' flag.



Thanks so much for Visiting!

Visit thecsiproject.com


15 comments:

  1. Looks great! Love your re-do's and your banner is awesome. Though I have never posted before, I have followed you for some time. I have 3 boys, although much older than yours, I enjoy your cute stories about them. Brings back sweet memories. Good luck with your new blog, look forward to following along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you again, Kindra! Your makeovers are just awesome... you work wonders!
    Have a great day! Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kindra, Glad you are back.

    Love the flag, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kindra,

    I always thought that flag was prim perfect :) And that chair is to die for...I love the color you chose to use.

    Can't wait to see more of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kindra!! I am sooo happy to see you!!! I am loving your makeovers, as always!! I look forward to seeing what you do with your new found style!!:0) Take care!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to see you back, Kindra! I've so missed your creativeness! I look forward to visiting with you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kindra, glas to see you are back. Love the flag. Makes me think I may have some barnwood in the back callin to me. Isnt it funny how we can inspire each other to get up and try something new without even knowing it!! Love the new look to your blog, have added u to my favs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever flag that looks great. Nice job on the chair too. You have a flair for pulling things together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the before and after pics. Really puts things into persepctive. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so in love with your rustic flag! I totally need to make one for Canada but I can't help feeling yours looks cooler. :) Just love the colours and of course, the stars! I'm really diggin' the fact that you found separate stars to add a 3D effect to yours. Very nice!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a good deal, so I really appreciate both of your projects. Both are perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Separating the ornament was a great idea! Did you do anything special to keep from breaking it? ((fellow CSI crafter))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Katrinka Jane: I used wire cutters to cut the ends of the stars. The ornament was made out of a soft metal so it was easy to snap.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute, cute flag! I love the creative idea of using the ornaments on it. The chair turned out lovely. The wreath on it adds the simple touch it needed. Very nice display Kindra!

    ReplyDelete
  15. the flag looks rustic and charmingly beautiful! lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by my blog! I appreciate all your fun comments!