Friday, July 9, 2010

Shabby Chic Makeover and Cookies!

It's Friday! The week flew by and now it's time to get ready for hopefully a productive weekend. My parents are taking my oldest son for a weekend outing.

I did manage to finish up a small project makeover. I actually made this mirror a few years ago. I like it but the star had to go. I first painted it all white.


I found some cute "french country" scrapbook paper at Hobby Lobby. I just attached it to the wood with 1/2 water, 1/2 school glue mixture since I'm out of modge podge. This works great and is cheaper! I didn't worry about measuring the paper correctly because the edges are going to be sanded off anyways.


Edges sanded. I even sanded some of paper on the front side to look more worn.


I added some light stain to the edges and very lightly to the paper for more "age". Paper soaks up stain very quick so I applied the stain very, very lightly.

Now I like it flipped over with the mirror on top! And it's going to look great in my new bathroom.




Friday also means it's time for a Recipe Swap over at my friend, Colleen's blog. Got a great recipe to share?

I have a super easy recipe to share. The special ingredient is cake mix of your choice!


Cake Mix Cookies
1 box of cake mix
1 egg
1/3 cup oil
2-3 tablespoons water
1 tsp vanilla


Preheat oven 350 degrees. Mix ingredients together. Put small balls of mixture on cookie sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Enjoy! My son makes these by himself while I supervise the oven.  

Well tonight is date night with hubby! We're eating Chinese...not my favorite. But for a trade off he's going to Eclipse movie with me. LOL Love that guy!


Have a great weekend!




 

8 comments:

  1. Great makeover!
    Have a fun night! I dragged hubby last weekend to Eclipse. It was GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the makeover, Kindra! And I can't wait to see the finished bathroom! Would you believe ours still needs to be painted?!

    And the cookie recipe sounds perfect to make with the kiddos. We'll definitely be trying that one. Thanks for sharing!

    Have fun tonight! Todd and I are going out to dinner tomorrow night for our anniversary. Can't wait!

    It's so good to have you back in blogland, my sweet and talented friend!!!!

    ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new look of your mirror. It is good to have you and your creativity back to give my brain new ideas :)!!

    We have a recipe book that's called 101 Things to do with a Cake Mix. My girls love it as they are able to make most of the recipes by themselves, AND I usually have all the ingredients.:)

    My 14 year old and I are going to Eclipse on Saturday with one of her friends and her Mom. We are excited. I have only heard good things about it!!

    Hope your weekend is terrific. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. we've made these -- lemon is our favorite!

    I've also had success substituting apple sauce for the oil -- 50/50.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - new blog, new redo's, which look great BTW! You've been busy. Have a great summer.

    ~Pam~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome---looks like a lot of my scrapbooking projects. I am conflicted. I love so many different styles and designs and things. Is it ok to be eclectic?
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great makeovers Kindra! I espeically love the frame you made Dave for father's Day in the last post.

    Thanks for the cookie recipe. I have wanted a quick chocolate cookie recipe to make a whoopie pie like dessert and this sounds like it will work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, very cute makeover! There are so many beautiful scrapbook papers out there! I try to stay away from the paper section because I just go nuts every time I walk down those aisles. I really love the papers that look like vintage wallpaper. By sanding and staining your paper, it looks vintage too. Nice job girl!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by my blog! I appreciate all your fun comments!