Thursday, September 23, 2010

Easy Scrap Wood Pumpkin

Here's an EASY project anyone can make! I got the idea from HERE. I went through our scrap wood pile and found a 2 x 6 scrap piece. I cut it in half to give me 7 inch tall pumpkins. I painted them, sanded the edges, added a glaze (asphalt), let dry...then added a fun ribbon for the stem. Done!


I don't use a typical "orange" color for my crafts. This color is Golden Brown from Apple Barrel paints.


This one is Georgia Clay from Delta Ceramcoat paints.


And to let us know fall is here...some turkeys have been playing in our backyard! Lots of them! This is just a few of the group. Usually there is a dozen or more wandering around. I live on the edge of a small town...we've lived in our house for about 4 years and this is the first time we have seen turkeys. It's fun seeing them mosey on through.


They are pretty smart, too. :)


Hope you are having a great day. It feels like fall here in SE Nebraska!

I'll be back soon!

8 comments:

  1. Kindra! Happy Fall! Love your pumpkins! I have to tell you, I LOVE your whole "new" look! You are just so inspiring, everything looks so clean, simple and classy! From your home to your craft projects, I am a fan! :) I am SO ready to clean and purge and start fresh! By the way, those turkeys know what they are talking about! You are too funny! It does feel like Fall in NE! Isn't it great!!? I am already itchin' to head to the pumpkin patch! Take care! ~Sarah~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This idea is adorable...thanks for sharing...hope all is well with your family..this month is about gone :-(
    Happy Fall.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kindra--I love the pumpkin idea and thanks for sharing what colors you use. They are darling. You are right, those are smart turkeys(especially the one with the thought bubble ;)!! Have a great day. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pumpkins!!
    Your turkeys are pretty smart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are really cute!
    I have seen turkeys come up into yards to eat leftovers from bird feeders. They will eat your leftovers, too. If you are interested in keeping them around.
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, as always, my friend!

    We have an astonishing number of acorns around here this year ... which means we should be seeing some turkeys soon. My parents often have upwards of 15 of them in their neighborhood.

    Hope you're enjoying Fall!

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your take on the scrap wood pumpkins, Kindra! So simple, but very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so creative. Love the pumpkins. The turkeys know where to go to get some of the best ideas :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by my blog! I appreciate all your fun comments!