Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dresser Makeover

Happy Wednesday!

I got another makeover to share with you! Hubby is happy because one more thing out of the garage! LOL

I bought this great old dresser at a garage sale for $15. They wanted $20 but I try to ask down price...

I loved all her detail and she was going home with me. My dad and hubby thankfully lugged her home for me.


Here she is today!

I painted her with some leftover paint called "delicate white". I painted the top a dark brown. Then I lightly distressed it so some of the old green paint would peek through. Then I added MinWax Stain "early american".


I spray painted the knobs with primer and black spray paint.


I just love all the detail..even the key holes. :)




She has a special spot in my dining room.


On a different subject...
Isn't the Chile Miners Rescue amazing?!!
I have the live feed going on the computer and I cannot keep my eyes off the family reunions! What a miracle this is! And God Bless all the Rescuers! They are amazing!

Have a Wonderful Day!





12 comments:

  1. Your dresser looks great! and yes the miners is a remarkable story..Its so nice to have some good news when we turn on the tv...
    Have a great day
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece looks fantastic!
    I like the way you painted the top a different color...it really sets off the rest of the dresser!
    I am with you on the miner story...Simply amazing and inspiring!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woww!! It looks beautiful! You are really talented :)
    Wonderful happy ending on the Miners in Chile

    ReplyDelete
  4. this dresser just oozes cottage-ness! i love it! the dark top, the perfect amount of distressing... so sweet. thanks for joining my party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that dresser makeover, Kindra...especially the contrasting brown top! I like that you put it in your dining room too!

    And yes, we're watching the miners being rescued and united with their families! I get so emotional myself! It's so amazing!

    Thanks for sharing all your thrifty makeovers! That's the best kind!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another FAB makeover!
    It is just plain awesome to know that these lives were saved and so many families are reunited.
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! That dresser never looked so good. I'm also loving the idea of putting it in the dining room!

    I have a question about weathered wood. I bought a bench at a yard sale that has spent the better part of its life outside. There is very little paint on it and I would like to use it outside as well. I thought about painting it but I'm sure the paint would just get soaked into the wood. Do you have any tips on how I can preserve it?

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great makeover Kindra. I was glued to CNN yesterday watching and crying when each miner was rescued. Such a wonderful story of Gods faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dresser makeover! Early American is my fav minwax!

    ReplyDelete
  10. kindra, i love it!!
    you did a wonderful job. :)
    i have been looking for an old dresser to redo too. i want to do like a white over a turquoise or light blue.
    kim

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by my blog! I appreciate all your fun comments!