Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Trash to Treasure End Table

A fun makeover I did last week to share!

I found this piece of furniture a couple weeks ago out on someone's curb, the night before trash day. :)

Looks like it had drawers at one time. I snatched it up and was super excited to get started on it!


This was day of demo. I had a picture of my demo but it somehow disappeared...All I did was jigsaw/hammer the inside out, which was the shelf like things that once held drawers. One was broke anyways.

And I had an excellent "helper" who loved to play peek-a-boo in the box. :)


And here it is today!!

I painted it with the free paint I got from the salvage center.
Sherwin Williams-Dutch Tile Blue
(Inside) Valspar-Coastal Fog

I sanded down the edges and then added a dark walnut stain.


This is what I did. I rummaged through my garage because I wanted to use what I had if possible.

Beadboard for the back (leftover from kitchen reno)
2 pieces of smooth plywood (leftover from my son's bed project)
Piece of trim to cover up edge of plywood (leftover from bathroom reno)

Easy!


Why I picked up this trash piece...because I LOVED the original molding! Isn't it pretty?



I'm planning on redoing our master bedroom. So this is definitely a piece I will add to our "new" room.


Thanks for stopping by today! I'll hopefully get back tomorrow with some light fixture makeovers if hubby can put them up for me tonight. :)



HOG







15 comments:

  1. that turned out beautifully! love the color and the beadboard backing. and can i just say that i LOVE your blog header right now- understated and soft fall... swoon!
    thanks so much fro joining my party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! It is beautiful! You are 'queen' of the make-over!
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this, Kindra! Another gem, my friend.

    You were with me in spirit last weekend as Todd and I picked up a similar "freebie" from a neighbor's curb. I've never seen Todd move so fast!

    As for what I'm working on ... it's a little bit of everything -- including your now very belated b-day gifts. There are just never enough hours in the day...

    ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's another winner Kindra! WOW! I just love it! You can't beat FREE and now it is priceless! You amaze me! SO inspiring! Take care! Enjoy these beautiful Fall days!! ~Sarah~

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks fantastic!
    When I see this piece of yours it makes me long to get into my studio to create something.
    You did a wonderful job...I love the look of found pieces renewed!
    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one fabulous makeover! I'll bet 100 people could have driven by that piece & not seen it's potential, but you sure did! Love the beadboard & the colors you chose. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What people throw to the curb! I love how you used all your on-hand resources to save a lovely piece! Nicole from homeforhire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awh, it's your wedding side table. t turned out lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything - the color, the details - you nailed it!
    Christa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kindra with an I, love that color... it turned out great! Good job! And love the fireplace screen below... love the new design... but love the old, too!

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful Kindra! You are such a wonder woman!!! It turned out fantastic!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is *exactly* the piece I need in my kitchen for backpacks & binders & purses that the kids keep dropping off on the table!

    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I only have one 3 yr. old girl and I find it such a challenge sometimes just to maintain focus. I often find myself taking unusually long periods of time choosing colors.

    Your piece turned out beautifully and I'm sure your boys had a hand it in:)

    I'd like to invite you to take a look at my blog where I feature nothing but artists who repurpose furniture.

    Check out the few companies who take wine barrels and make stools, tables, and chairs!

    Nice to meet you!
    Tumaini
    www.flippinfactory.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by my blog! I appreciate all your fun comments!