Thursday, November 11, 2010

CD shelf Makeover

Good morning! I woke up feeling good for once since Sunday! So it's going to be a great day! :)

Another makeover to share with you. This is a blast from the past one I did earlier this year.

I took my hubby's bachelor cd holder. It had great bones and made from real wood! Bonus!


I cut out the dowels with a handsaw.
Then added 3 shelves made from pine boards. Easy. Just make sure you have a level. :)

And here it is today!


I added a scrap piece of beadboard I had to the back.
Painted it all black. I left the inside black and painted the beadboard and rest red. I then sanded it all down  with 120 grit sandpaper then added dark walnut stain all over.

It makes a nice little shelf for my now 3 year old.
Plus it was free!

updated: I used Rustoleum-American Accents-Colonial Red
(it can come out pretty bright but the black base coat toned it down)

Today, I'm cleaning/doing laundry. Jealous aren't you?

Then tonight, me and a great friend are headed to a craft boutique and a Scentsy party! Can't wait!

What are you up to today?






16 comments:

  1. glad to hear you are feeling better.
    it's going to rain here but we are headed to an auction. ought to be a good time.......
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are feeling better. Your makeover is gorgeous as always! I too am living the glamous life of laundry and cleaning. Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stuck at work -- invoicing and making collection calls. That's why I live for the weekends to be home -- and making a home!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job - maybe I'll buy one of those cd shelves next time I see one at the thrift store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't think I would have thought of that, Kindra! Nice makeover and I love the colors!

    Glad you feel better today! Have fun tonight at your party! Never been to one of those but it sounds great!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea!!!! I love the red!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always make it look so easy Kindra!

    Carmen and the Primcats

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you are feeling much better..Love all of your makeovers..Keep them coming..You definetly have a gift when it comes to repurposing things..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much Janet for our nice comments you leave on my blog!! I really appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, I just wouldn't have thought of that at all! It turned out great and I bet the little one loves it!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kindra...I found you via Tammy (she is a sweet one whose blog I just love!) Anywhooo, it's nice to meet you. What a fabulous blog you have...I'm loving all your redos and makeovers! Oooohhhh can't wait to follow you more! You inspire me! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How do you come up with these?!? Amazing! I'd have chucked it... who knew it could look like this? Adore the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear you are feeling better. :) Wow...you did a great job {like always} on your shelf. What brand and color red did you use...I really like it. Stop over and say hi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used I used Rustoleum-American Accents-Colonial Red

    (it can come out pretty bright but the black base coat toned it down)

    Gwen-I actually put the cd shelf on our garage sale and in the middle of the garage sale, I snagged it up. LOL I was shopping at my own sale.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, I love the aged finish with the red and dark walnut over it. Looks very "professional". Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the red with the stain over the top! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by my blog! I appreciate all your fun comments!