Happy Tuesday! We are enjoying our 2nd Snow Day from School. My boys have been enjoying this cold/wet stuff. And I've been enjoying it from the warmth of my own home!
I've been doing little projects here and there over the weekend.
Today, I'm finally sharing the details of our "new" hallway. It's hard taking pics of such a narrow space and really, I think it looks better in person. So I'll share with you the best I can.
Little touches here and there made this space complete.
The big wall already had a plan before I even started this big project. I received this frame collection from my hubby for Christmas. I missed a great Black Friday sale on a similar frame set at Target. But sneaky hubby found a better deal at Wal-Mart. 10 frames for $7. I do the checkbook so it's hard for him to hide what he spends on me. I'm glad he's thrifty as well. :)
And even though I could of found some frames at garage sales, this is still a great price. Less than 75 cents for each frame. Plus I didn't have to paint any of them. :)
I printed off some favorite prints of my family all in black and white to make the collection complete.
I found this FREE subway print over at Today's Fabulous Finds. There are 8 different colors to choose from. And the way it looks, she will be providing future ones as well. So I thought I would change this frame out every month/season.
I left nothing untouched in this space, even the doorbell cover got a makeover!
The original part of my house is from the 1960's. I'm sure this doorbell cover is original. For it being away from arms reach it was still in bad shape.
The star bursts from the design were missing. When I took it down, I just touched the plastic pieces and they fell off. So it took no effort to remove the rest of the starburst effect. LOL
I cleaned her up and gave her a couple coats of spray paint and now she's pretty.
Even though the doorbell cover was plastic, I sprayed the clean metal primer to it (because that is all what I had on hand) and the some Krylon Metallic Spray-in Oil Rubbed Bronze.
I used the same Krylon Brushed Metallic spray paint pictured but in Oil Rubbed Bronze finish.
I cleaned them all up and sprayed 2 coats clean metal primer and 3 coats Krylon Metallic Oil Rubbed Bronze. It's easy to do but just time consuming. I left about 30 minutes for drying time in between each spraying. They will be handled a lot and I want them to last for a long time. We did this treatment to our basement door knobs and they have lasted about 3 years now.
I love how they look next to the white doors/trim.
I also added some little touches here and there on the walls, but not too much. I wanted the board and batten to be the focus of the hallway.
I added a simple little plate I got at a garage sale for $1. It has the cutest detail.
I didn't want to go and purchase a plate hanger so I simply took a pop tab and hot glued it to the back of the plate for a hanger. It's a small/lightweight plate so this method worked great!
I grabbed a wreath that I already had in another room to add this space. I love shopping around my own house. :)
So there you have it. Simple, thrifty touches to add to our new space. We are enjoying it so much.
Now on to then next 1001 projects to do!
Have a wonderful day!