Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Terrific Under Ten Tuesday #5

Pottery Barn has these wonderful lanterns to accent your home or patio. Prices range from $30-$100.

You can showcase candles, flowers, plants, seasonal decor. Just a fun item to have.


I got these FREE light fixtures at my local salvage center last fall. They were cleaning out inventory so I scored several FREE items that day. The 2 on the left got a spray paint makeover and now are in our mudroom and stair landing.

As you can see the light fixture second from the right had the lantern look to it. So that was my quick and easy makeover I did this weekend.


I didn't need the actual light, so I took it apart and removed the wiring as well. Then I taped off all the glass before spray painting. That was the most time consuming part of the whole project.

Then I sprayed the metal frame with spray metal primer and oil rubbed bronze.


Let it dry for several hours before handling it. And now I have a fun lantern for candles and/or diplays.

Sorry about the pictures and poor arrangements. Still not feeling well and I did this at night.


I need to get some easter eggs to make for a little nest arrangement.



A nice Free Makeover! Love those kind, don't you?!

Now it's your turn to link up to Terrific Under Ten Tuesday!

Here are a few "rules" in order for you to join in on the party:

*Please be a follower of my blog.

*Your project must be made or bought for $10 or less.

*Your project must be HOME related. For example a DIY project, craft, makeover, thrift find, recipe, kiddo activity, party ideas...you get the idea.

*Please do not link up Online Shops or Giveaways.


*You can link up to 3 projects. (They don't have to be new. Look in your past posts and pick out some favorites to share.)
 
*Link to the specific post and not to the main page of your blog. If you don't know how to do this, Not Just A Housewife provides a great "how to link up to a linky party tututorial" HERE.

*Add the Terrific Under Ten Tuesdays button to the bottom of your post, side bar, or to your linky party list.

At Home With K
 
The linky party will be open for 2 days. Then I will feature some favorites on Friday!
 
*By linking up, you give me the permission to use your photo(s) from your post on Feature Friday.
 
 
Please visit some links and show some comment love! Everyone loves comments!
 
 
 
 



23 comments:

  1. So cute Kindra! I love it and the nest you chose to create inside!
    Sorry you're not feeling so well; me neither (for the last few days)
    Try to get some rest dear..xo

    Deborah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's gorgeous!
    happy day!
    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas Kindra, I picked up your button. Maybe I'll join you some Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! What a great use for something you didn't need anymore! It's adorable!
    Susan@homeroad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! It turned out wonderful and even better it was such a deal!
    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out beautiful Kindra! Hope your feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. as always, your items are so great! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kindra you continue to inspire me! I LOVE this idea, I never would have thought about doing this! Great score for free as well!
    I hope you are feeling better soon.
    Hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! I keep telling my husband that we need to go to EcoStores, but we don't make it up to that area very often. I also think he's scared to take me within 10 miles of a place like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great find for free and a wonderful transformation!

    I'm your newest follower! I'm having fun reading your past posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a cute idea, I like the bird on the nest...

    ReplyDelete
  12. So clever, Kindra. Love it (and love the price tag, too:) I like the little bird sitting inside.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are the most clever blogger ever! I love that idea. I've been drooling over those lanterns at Pottery Barn for some time now. I love the idea of making my own and saving a few dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those lanterns are terrific! When they aren't brassy and hanging from some old ceiling, I don't even recognize them for what they are. Great job! I can't wait to see your doormat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kindra - hope you're feeling better! I noticed you changed your header..I've loved your clock with the green ribbon! Love the lights and how you've changed them up. Thanks for hosting your weekly party too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no, did Mr. T share his bug with you? I hope it passes quickly. The light fixture looks so much better. I like it best with the bird and nest. Tuesday is now my favorite day of the week (other than Friday, of course). I'm so glad you started this. I'm finding lots of great blogs to follow!

    Get well soon hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The lantern idea turned out so great - I would never have thought of it! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kindra,
    I LOVE this project. Such a perfect use for that old light. Now I'll be looking for old light fixtures!
    I'm glad I found your Tuesday linky party. I'll be back next week with something to post.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW, do I love it or what!!! Just amazing Kindra, I'll be looking for one to redo as I was looking at those in the PB's newest catalog.
    I finally just saved the picture in my post as a thumbnail and Mr. Linky finally let me in, I'm not computer savy at all so it had almost brought me to tears saying my pictures were to big...I've never changed the size of them so I don't know what the problem is. Anyway glad I got to finally join your party although a day late:0

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a creative idea! I enjoy reading your blog. I added your feed and an now officially a google friend. I would love for you to check out my blog - only a month old :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. do you think you'll be doing something like this again soon? i'd love to join in! i'm all about the 'under ten'. i do a ton of thrift shopping and revamping.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by my blog! I appreciate all your fun comments!