Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bloggers Day Out

This past Saturday, I hit the junkin' road with my good blog bud, Sarah from All Roads Lead Home. Blogging is so much fun...you actually find friends in our your own backyard sometimes. Sarah and I live only 20 minutes from each other.

It was a day of junk, antiques, fun lunch and many laughs! Sarah and I get along great and this virtual friendship turned real life friendship is a great blessing!

Here are my fun finds I snagged on our outing.

Yellow Bakeware Bowl $5


Crocks for $2 and $1!


Vintage glass baby bottles 4 for $3. I'm throwing a baby shower (with my SIL) for my cousin next month...so I thought these would be fun to have out with flowers or something.


And after the baby shower then I can enjoy them in this cute metal carrier that I got for $3. I also got the white vintage napkin for 50 cents.


Gravy boat $2, Sugar Bowl $1, Small plate 50 cents


Cream Chippy door $5
Birdhouse $10
Vintage wood box $1


The birdhouse is made out of old beadboard. I love the twig perch. :)


A close up of the cute knob and chippy/crackle paint on my door. So cool.


I brought my camera with me on our trip. Don't hate me...I didn't use it.
Sarah did take some pictures at the end of our trip. You can see some pictures HERE of a fun shop we went to. Junk and Goodies Galore!

I can't wait for our next Adventure together!

I also want to mention that Sarah just opened a new Etsy Store. She makes wonderful salt dough bowl fillers! Hope you can check her out!

19 comments:

  1. Morning K. Love all the finds you found over the weekend. And to find them with a friend makes them more special. The dishes are to die for but the crocks,,, that was a steal. Love the patina on the old door and birdhouse. I haven't thought of the old glass baby bottles in years. They will be perfect for the shower. Glad you found goodies and shared a fun day with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kindra,
    I love all your finds! My favorites would be the old door and the birdhouse! How cool! I am glad that you are able to get together with a friend once in awhile, I think it's fun!
    Can't wait to see what you plan to do with them.
    If I was a bird, I'd want to move into that house!
    Have a good week.
    Blessings,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of your new treaures Kindra. I especially love the metal carrier and the chippy birdhouse!
    Blessings, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE everything that you found....especially the jars and carrier!!

    Hope you are doing well.....come say hi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything that you found! That door is incredible. Love the bowl and the crocks, too. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you really did well!! Love that yellow bowl and the crocks. Now the fun part...seeing where you put them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful treasures!! It's a wonderful surprise when you come across someone so close and the connection is even better.
    Have a great day!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful treasures Kindra. I love the birdhouse and the door! So perfectly chippy.
    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great finds. I Love the door and the birdhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kindra,
    What a great post! Your photos of all of your finds are beautiful!...I still can't believe that you got those crocks for $1 & $2...lucky duck. They look so nice all cleaned up, no more dust & dirt inside (cough cough) LOL! :)Everything you got was a GREAT price! Can't wait for our next adventure! I am ready when you are! Thanks so much for giving my little Etsy shop a shout out..you are too sweet! Have a great day! ~Sarah~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my owrd! I can tell just by your pictures of your finds that I would have been in HEAVEN! I know you had fun spending time with a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your finds!!! They are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What neat finds and great prices too. I love to find old items and envision the possibilities.
    It's nice to find a friend who enjoys the hunt for bargains too.
    Enjoy your day.
    Tamera
    Country at heart

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kindra,

    Great finds and prices! I have yet to find crocks at such a great price! Sounds like a fun day too! Love all your goodies you came home with!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. You really got some great items..Love the door..Can't wait to see what you do with it..
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've not seen vintage baby bottles like that before...they are awesome!! You did good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! You sure got a lot of stuff for great prices! You go girl:o)
    Cheers,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  18. You got some greatr bargains, Kindra! LOVE the old door. Next time I want to go, too! You definitely know where to shop! Sounds like a delightful day among friends!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by my blog! I appreciate all your fun comments!