Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring Has Sprung & A Winner!

This weekend Nebraska experienced a taste of Summer temps! On Saturday it reached 90 degrees in my area-a new record high! So needless to say my family practically lived outside the last couple days. :)

We're slowly cleaning up after this long winter's nap. I even managed to wash up a few outdoor decor items that need a little tlc and paint to freshen up a bit. So hope to tackle those this week to mark off one thing on my outdoor to-do list.

While playing and working outside, it's been fun to see a little taste of spring popping/growing in our yard. So camera had to come out to capture the moment before it all changes in days to come.

“The spring has sprung, the grass is rizz. I wonder where them birdies is?”
~Winnie The Pooh


"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."
~Anne Bradstreet


"The day the Lord created hope was probably the same day he created
 Spring."
~Bern Williams


"Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's Party!""
~Robin Williams


"If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. I would go to more dances. I would ride more merry-go-rounds. I would pick more daisies."
~Nadine Stairs


"Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush."
~Doug Larson


"Die when I may, I want it said of me that I plucked a weed and planted a flower where ever I thought a flower would grow."
~Abraham Lincoln

And when spring starts, that means a 100 or so of these to pull.

I hope you are enjoying your taste of spring as well. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to all who entered in my 500 Followers Giveaway! It's time to see who's going to win the goodie basket and 1 year Country Living subscription!


I used my lovely assistant, Random.org to choose the winner.

The winner is:
#79 Gwen from Gwenny Penny

Congratulations Gwen! Email me your address so I can get your prizes sent your way!

13 comments:

  1. Congrats to Gwen! What beautiful things are coming her way. :)

    We still have two to three feet of snow in some areas here.

    Cheers,
    Tracy All Thumbs Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I won!!! Thanks so much, Kindra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kindra! I love your photos, so beautiful! It was hot here yesterday too and it felt soooo good! :) The quotes you chose to go with your pictures were perfect. I hope you are having a wonderful start to the week my friend. :)

    Congrats to Gwen!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Gwen! These are sure some gorgeous things!! You lucky girl! Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad spring weather has come to your location. Well, near 90.... sounds like it skipped Spring and went straight to summer. The pictures were beautiful. THanks for sharing. And congrat. to Gwen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beatiful thoughts and photos Kindra!
    Congrats to Gwen on her giveaway win!
    How lovley!!
    xoxo

    Deborah xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the spring quotes and beautiful pictures. Congrats to Gwen!
    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kindra~

    Love all the wonderful quotes with your flower pics. Makes me wish my flowers would bloom. Congrats to Gwen!!

    Have a beautiful day~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to Gwen....enjoy your wonderful prize!

    Lynne

    DLYNNE172@YAHOO.COM

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by my blog! I appreciate all your fun comments!