Friday, May 6, 2011

Everything But Blogging

It seems like everything but blogging has taken up my time these days. As you have probably noticed with less posts and projects around here. Maybe someday I'll explain, then maybe not...but if you see me "absent" please understand my heart/time is somewhere elsewhere right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The lilacs are in full bloom in my neck of the woods. My almost 4 year old loves flowers, so he was tickled pink to cut some blooms and bring them inside!


Aaahh, I wish you could smell our lilacs through your screen right now. The smell is wonderful.


Speaking of wonderful, last weekend was! My parents took our 2 boys for the weekend and hubby and I got to enjoy some well deserved alone time together. We ate too much, had great laughs, took a road trip to Sparks Kansas for a flea market, went fishing and walked a 1/2 marathon (13.2 miles). It was refreshing to spend time with him and remember what is really important in life. Of course, we missed the boys like crazy but it's nice to have that alone time once in a while, which we barely get.

I got a few goodies at the flea market in Sparks. Even a BIG goody parked in my front yard! LOL But today I'll just share my thrifty finds. I got the plate for free, bowl for $2 and the creamer for 25 cents. They all have a great creamy color to them with wonderful detail.


I'll have to go outside over the weekend and take a picture of my big purchase to share with you. It's old but handmade...there's your hint.

The 1/2 marathon was wonderful! My hubby and I trained for 2 months at the beginning of the year with the intentions of running. Illness and life changes came our way, so in the end we decided to walk it. Walking was equally challenging. At mile 10, my hips felt like cement. I was so stiff...plus it didn't help that I haven't worked out 2 months. LOL But we finished it and I am so glad I decided to do it. My head has been elsewhere these last couple months so it felt like new beginnings as we crossed the finish line together. As corny as that might sound. :)

Now I have been paying for it all week. Monday and Tuesday I was walking around like a 90 year old...and I've been extremely tired all week. I'm finally feeling back to my "normal" self. But realize I need to focus more on my health and well being...another good reason to step back from blogging a bit.

If you blog, how do you balance it all? I've been blogging for over 3 years now and still haven't figured it out. LOL I would love to see your tips and hints left in the comments.

Don't Forget about the awesome giveaway HERE from Vintage Gwen! It's a super and generous giveaway from Jennifer. She has amazing talent with an awesome blog!

Have a wonderful weekend! Happy Mother's Day to all you hard working mommas out there! And Happy Mother's Day to my mom. Love you! 

19 comments:

  1. Kindra- Congrats on finishing the marathon, can't wait to see you new find and the Lilacs are amazing one of my favorites! Hope you have a Happy Mother's Day,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait til the lilacs come out in Michigan! Congrats on the 1/2 marathon and getting time with your husband. Sweet together time helps us as parents! SUE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lilacs are beautiful, Kindra. Love the plate, bowl, and creamer, too. Can't wait to find out more about this mysterious find :) And congrats on the 1/2 marathon!

    Take whatever time you need; the blog will be here when you get back to it. I wish I could tell you the secret to balancing blogging with real life, but I haven't figured it out, either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my hips were hurting as you described walking your marathon. Hope you're feeling better now.

    Happy Mother's Day, Kindra. If you take some time off from blogging, please know we'll be here when you get back. :)

    Hugs,
    Tracy All Thumbs Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pics of the lilacs!

    I've been blogging about the same length of time as you and I've had ups and downs.

    I originally started blogging just to share our lives with our family and friends from out of town. After a while, I started feeling a little "exposed" and uncomfortable with my family pics being all over the internet, so I made that blog private.

    Since I LOVE crafting, I decided to do the blog just about craft projects but I also had a dream of opening the etsy shop.

    Now the etsy shop is doing pretty well and keeping me super busy, which I'm very thankful for. Between homeschooling, church activities, housework and filling etsy orders, I have ZERO time left for blogging.

    I think I'm trying to hang on just beacuse I've invested so much time in it and formed so many bonds with other ladies, I hate to just let it go.

    I didn't mean to write you a book, but as you can see, this struck a nerve with me!! I completely understand where you are coming from, Kindra!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so understand about finding balance, I know I have neglected my blog, but its harder now that I do my childcare 5 days a week and then we have lil man on Saturdays. I am so happy you and hubby got to spend some great quality time together and accomplish a marathon together. I hope everything is alright with you all and your mind is on other good things and not worrisome things. I love your white pieces you got at such great prices!! Have a wonderful Mother's Day my friend!~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kindra.....I hear you......I am new to "blogging" trying to learn about my own blog leaving comments on others. I have found time an issue too. I have made a deal with myself that I will promise to post as often as I can...as well as continuing my journey along the "blog highway" making time to stop and visit. I notice you mentioned more then once your mind is "elsewhere"lately.....I will be praying for you...asking the Lord to multiply your efforts...and increase your time....thanks for sharing ...God Bless you.....Karena " A Loblolly Life".....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is that lilac I smell?? :)
    I adore lilacs....their fragrance is intoxicating...
    I love the white..so beautiful!
    So sweet that your little guy loves to bring you flowers...precious little tokens of his love for you :)
    Thats so good that you got some time away with your hubby Kindra...did you both good huh?! :)
    Thinking of you and I'll be praying for you...
    I most certainly understand that day to day life commitments tug on our hearts, and we have to be true to Gods whispers.
    Love & hugs to you sweet friend xoxo

    Deborah xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Lilacs are beautiful!! Congrats on the marathon and getting some quality time with your husband, what a treat! I didn't know how time consuming blogging would be! I wished I new the answer! I enjoy it and now have friends I wouldn't have otherwise, it's almost a double-edged sword! Thanks again for hosting my giveaway, I truly appreciate it! Saying a prayer for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Kindra...I'm no help as I haven't been able to figure out how to balance my blog and my life. I am a relatively new blogger. Not even 6 months. I already feel obligated to keep going because of all I have invested. I also have this thing about quitting. I don't really do it. I see other blogs doing really well and those people seem to make it look so easy. It doesn't come easily to me...I have to really think about it. My free time is gone because now I blog. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I know how you feel and that you are not alone. Listen to your heart...it will never lead you down the wrong path. Happy Mother's Day...~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kindra,

    I can relate to you exercise woes, I'm trying to get back in shape. My knee is not happy with me. I really don't have any ideas for you about balance. I could blog more when I didn't work, but it's still a juggling act no matter what you're doing. Best of luck!

    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just as you said you wish we could smell the lilacs, I smelt them right away. Funny how our brain works ;) I sure wish our's were in bloom, my flowers are starting to come out of the dirt. Always a good sign...

    Just thinking about the marathon makes my body ache. When you said your hips felt like cement, you made me think exactly how mine feel after walking aroud the mall or something. But I am so PROUD of the two you. It's a wonderful accomplishment.

    Happy Mother's Day and enjoy it with your three boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the lilacs (I tell myself every year I will plant some...)& the white plate, bowl & creamer are fantastic! Congrats on the marathon, running or walking doesn't matter...you DID it!! I'm new to blogging & am beginning to see the time it takes but I am finding that I really enjoy it and am lucky enough right now to be at home & peak in on & off all day. Finding balance may never come but I think I need a little choas to keep creative! ~Kriss~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sweets!! Congrats to you on finishing, I think that that it is great and does not sound corny at all. Balance?? Um, nope, not a clue! My best advice is do what YOU need to do, we certainly understand and are here for you anytime. :)
    I am glad that you and hubby were able to spend some quality time together. :) Hugs to you and you are in my thoughts and prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Mothers Day!
    a weekend away sounds great! I can't wait for for my lilacs to bloom!!
    Great job on the marathon!!
    It is hard to balance everything. I wish I had more time for everything. we try to push so many things in our life that we can't enjoy the simple things in life. i don't blog, i simply don't have time. i wish i did! However, i love your blog, you have many talents and i enjoy reading about them.
    ~my thoughts and prayers are with you in your difficult time~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dropping in to say "Hello!" as It is very difficult to keep the blog going! With life, and all that it entails, I keep it as my "me" time in the day...or week lol~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful dishware you found!! love them

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kindra, I always congrats on finishing the marathon, can't wait to see you new find and the lilacs flowers are amazing one of my favorites also.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by my blog! I appreciate all your fun comments!