Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My 50 cent stool

I bought this wonderful already distressed stool at a garage sale for 50 cents last fall. Don't know if it is old or was put together with old wood, but I still snagged it up for that price!

The only problem was that I didn't like the green. It was like minty sea green. I even kept it outside all winter to see if the green would distress more...but I still wasn't in love with it.  


After cleaning it up, I used some leftover cream paint and 'dry brushed' the stool. I purposely left some of the old wood and green paint peeking through. I didn't want to cover up all the wonderful crackle from the previous layers of paint.

It was a little too white...so I added some Early American MinWax stain to tone it down a bit. :)


Now I really love it.


It's tall and sturdy so it makes a wonderful stepping stool as well for my 3 year old. :)


Look at that beautiful crackle.


Not bad for 50 cents! I love finds like this!


Linking up HERE

18 comments:

  1. Not bad? That's awesome! 50c or not!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kindra,
    Great find at a good price. Those are the real treasures. I'm with you with the old green paint. That must have been the only color years ago. See a lot of that at auctions.
    Love the new look you put on it. Much better.
    Have a nice day
    Tamera
    Country at heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is sooo cute! i love the rustic look of it! and i can;t help but want to say "fi-ty cnet" like how you pronounce the rapper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find Kindra! I would've snagged it up too for that price. Gotta Love those kinda deals. I Love the new makeover you gave it.

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loooove that stool!! I love it in both colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stool ! Love what you did with it !Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great find!! It was ok green, but I love it with your new makeover painted white!!
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really amazing! Love the crackle and the waxing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks amazing, Kindra. I would love one of these for my girls to use at the sink. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its so cute Kindra ..and useful!!!
    Love how you changed it up to suit you!
    Now 50 cents is a steal!! :)
    Hope you are enjoying your week sweetie!

    Deborah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice! Love it!
    Have a good week!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great find and I love the way you finished it..
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great stool! I can't believe you picked it up for 50 cents! Love the new finish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Best 50 cents you probably ever spent! =) Its makeover is wonderful! Coming over from Tuesdays Treasures and your newest follower!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  15. This stool is beautiful! It is so simple but it really looks like something out of a magazine! Congrats :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. 50 cents--amazing!!! It is a keeper, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! There is no way you can replicate the true old paint crackle on old pieces. That is a fabulous find. (especially at 50 cents and the seller probably thought you were crazy for buying it for that price) They just do not know do they? xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love! Can't believe you got it for 50 cents! Total steal! Way cute.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by my blog! I appreciate all your fun comments!