Friday, June 3, 2011

The Best Beer Bread

I have the best and easiest Beer Bread recipe! Just a warning, it will be gobbled up in no time so you might have to make another loaf while you're at it! :)

Ingredients:
3 cups flour (SIFTED)
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
1 (12 oz) can beer
1/4 cup melted butter

**omit baking powder and salt if you are using self-rising flour**

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients and beer
3. Pour into a greased loaf pan.
4. Pour melted butter over mixture.
5. Bake 55-60 minutes. Remove from pan and cool for at least 15 minutes.

Now Enjoy your hard work! :)

This bread is wonderful with soups or just a snack. Also fun to cut into small pieces and dipping it in your favorite dip!


My almost 4 year old helped me with this and he was so proud of his bread!

Have a great weekend!
My town's community garage sales are tomorrow. Hope I find some goodies!

Linking up HERE

14 comments:

  1. Years ago, we used to make something called Beer Batter Muffins which looked almost exactly like this. They had great flavor. Thanks for the recipe -- I'll try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy. I've only made it using the box mixes. Can't wait to try it!
    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe! I make beer bread with sprite for more of a sweet, almost Hawaiian taste. Yum!

    Have fun at the yardsales, hope you find some good deals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got this in the oven right now! Can't wait to taste it. So easy, just my kind of recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love Beer Bread! I haven't made it in a while ~ thanks for the reminder. We're expecting beautiful weather this weekend. I hope you are too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to try this recipe..Looks delish..Thanks..
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually just made beer bread last week using a very similar recipe, and it was SO good. I definitely want to make it more often, could not believe how easy it was.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I adore beer bread and hadn't thought about making it in a while. Thanks for the reminder!

    I'm stopping by from Serenity Now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm, sounds yummy!! I love making bread, have the best book from Paul Hollywood (the ciabatta was wonderful)Gonna have to try this! ~Kriss~

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM! I may need to try this today. I love beer bread and am always looking for a good recipe!

    Visiting from Serenity Now's Link Up party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks DELISH!!! I love a no-knead bread. Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love beer bread! thank you for the recipe!
    I hope you are doing well my friend!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. I pinned this on Pinterest...so excited to try it!

    Not sure if you saw this the other day - but I did a "surprise feature" on you!! Come check it out :)

    http://christinasadventures2010.blogspot.com/2011/05/just-because-i-love-them.html

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by my blog! I appreciate all your fun comments!