Thursday, June 9, 2011

I Heart Garage Sales

I hope you are all having a FAB week! We've been definitely keeping busy this summer! I'm treasuring each day with my boys while I have them all to myself before the hustle and bustle of school starts in just 2 short months.

Garage sale season is in full force. Something's quite different for me this year...I'm a little more picky on what I'm dragging home. Things are getting quite cluttered lately, so I'm being very selective in my bargains. But I sure enjoy the thrill of the hunt!

Last weekend I went to a few garage sales in my area. I hit a fun one with many cheap antiques. Boy I could of brought a lot home with me...But I came home with 3 sweet flower frogs. For only $2! Can't even buy one for that price at a store or flea market. So I was more than excited!


Flower frogs look kind of dangerous and could be if my boys decided to toss these things around. LOL They make great picture holders!!


I added them to my mini collection. The big one I got at one of my favorite stores, Simply Bungalow. And the mini one was found at a flea market in Sparks, Kansas.


Another fun bargain I found during my outing is this planter (minus the flowers). I got this baby for $1! And I didn't even have to paint it, BONUS!


It's a wonderful light shade of blue. And it came with 3 little planter tins.


It looks perfect out on the back deck. That is a BIG project I have been working on this past week as well. Wow, so glad that is done! You can kind of see it in the background below. I'll be sharing more pictures of my deck redo in the next week.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**The GATHERING, Sarah from All Roads Lead Home and I were planning on June 25th has been postponed until further notice. Summer has been super busy and we just thought it would be best to have it at another time. Thanks for your understanding.

Have a wonderful day!

13 comments:

  1. Love your frog collection. I find a tiny square one recently. They just came in so many varieties which makes collecting them that much more fun! Hope to see you soon,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You find the greatest things at garage sales!! What a steal! I'm guessing your finds are from small town sales - the ones here in town have so much clothing and furniture. My son did get me a great old wagon at an auction in IA. Guess my daughter in law and I have trained him well to watch for 'old stuff'. Great Job Kindra!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds, Kindra! I love the frogs. I need to start going to garage sales... I always drive right by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to start shopping with you! You find the greatest things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your frog collection. I Love the idea of using them for picture holders. The planter is adorable! Great finds Kindra!

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kindra..I'm on a flower frog kick right now also. I have about 7.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kindra,
    I was at Sparks this year too....how did I miss that flower frog?? Love your collection. I have collected several over the past couple of years myself. They are so much fun for pictures and ephemera. We should try and meet at Sparks in the fall.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kindra your garage sale finds are so cute!
    I love the photo holders..how original!
    And the plant holder ...wow..its lovely!!
    Have a great weekend!! xoxo

    Deborah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds! Pin frogs are getting really hard to find so you definitely scored!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the flower frogs..What a steal..
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea to use the frogs as picture holders! The planter looks great and what a bonus to get it home ready!! Looking forward to you deck pics...now that yours is done you can come do mine :o) ~Kriss~

    ReplyDelete
  12. What great finds! Love the frogs. I use tiny ones for photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finds Kindra, I love the flower frogs! I hope you are doing well, I am so behind in reading. It looks like you have been busy and I hope that you have a wonderful weekend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by my blog! I appreciate all your fun comments!