Monday, October 17, 2011

Makeover Monday: Door Picture Frame


Well it's Makeover Monday again! Where I show you an easy and cheap makeover on an item that needs some updating! Today's makeover was absolutely FREE!

My best bud gave me an old door that was her mom's. Her mom didn't know what to do with it so it was thankfully passed on to me. I also got this rocking chair from her mom as well.

It's a nice size beadboard door, complete with hunter green paint. :)
This baby has been sitting in our garage for well over a year. My husband even likes my Makeover Mondays this month because I'm finally clearing out room in our garage and basement. :)


I had hubby cut a rectangle out in the middle of the door with a jigsaw.  


Then I painted it off white. I purposely didn't cover all the green to allow a little to show through. I love the look of painted layers. When that was all dry, I added some Early American MinWax Stain to give it an aged look. I didn't even have to sand down the edges this time.

So you wanna see what I made???


Here's my door today! A fun picture frame to show off my sweet little boys!


I took advantage of this FREE 16x20 Poster Offer at Wal-Mart. Yes completely free! And you can get one to. The coupon expires on 10/31/11.

I made the opening of the cutout to be 15x19 inches, so I can tape the photo poster behind the door. I can easily change out photos doing this.


The door has great original hardware.



My door looks great propped up next to our fireplace (that we don't use) in our living room. :) It can easily be hung on a wall as well. We have a long wall above our staircase that would work perfect, too!

A fun and Free picture frame created out of the unexpected. Love it!


Do you have an old door, window frame or old architectural piece? Create something fun to showcase your family memories!

Linking up HERE

25 comments:

  1. That turned out so good! Now I want on old beadboard door...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Kindra this is gorgeous!!! What a perfect door and you are so creative to think of it used this way, I LOVE IT!!!!
    I hope you enjoy your day!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's neat Kindra, I love the black and white photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic, Kindra! I love the door. We have an old beadboard door that we use over our front door in the wintertime. I love that you turned it into a frame! So clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Gosh, Kindra! That is sooooo AWESOME!
    I Love it! I want a door like that now, Lol!
    Your boys are adorable!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, Kindra! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea Kindra. What a nice way to capture memories, and it's such a statement piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulously creative idea! Your repurposed door turned frame is awesome, and your kiddos are precious! Thanks for sharing! *Becca* (new follower by way of My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia)

    www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This project is sooooo AMAZING!! You are so creative...very inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Kindra
    I found your blog from notjustahousewife link party. Love looking around and I just love the door.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's such a neat idea!! Another way to use an old door--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! Wish I had room for something like this. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great job! I really will be on the look out for an old door now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Great idea, love the transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is awesome!!nice job!!I would love for you to share at my "Anything Goes Link Party" http://jeana-marie.blogspot.com/2011/10/anything-goes-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute and such a creative use for an old door!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kindra, how I love your creativity and ingenuity! How smart of you to have thought of this fabulous idea! I have just started following you and hope you will follow me too!
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! I've got some 8 x 10's sitting here of my kids... a an old cupboard door, barn wood, a big frame... scrathcing my head wondering how to put it all together! LOVE what you did!!! Would also love it if you'd link up over at Trash 2 Treasure Tuesdays on the Korner! http://kammyskorner.blogspot.com/2011/10/trash-2-treasure-tuesdays-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Here give a good graphics. The picture framing is amazing creation and good combination with cute boys.

    picture framing

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh I am so glad I found your blog, I LOVE everything i've seen so far, right up my ally! haha Your home reminds me of my taste! *newest follower*

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute and creative. At least, with these old unused doors, it turned out artistic and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by my blog! I appreciate all your fun comments!