Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thrifty Thursday: Blue Mason Jars


If you missed my other Thrifty Thursday Posts from my 31 Days of Creating A Home Series, come check them out:


I hit a late garage sale this fall and scored on a fun deal! I spotted a box full of blue mason jars. I had my eye on 2 of them in the box so I asked since there was no price tag. I cringe when I see no price tag because I don't know if it's going to be 50 cents or $20! So I asked and the owner said "$2 for the box", I thought wow! I'll take it! Then she said "oh, that's the box with the the blue jars isn't it?". Is said "yes" in a hesitant voice...thinking she was going to say $20 or more...she said "$5 for the box"!

 I said sold!

So even though I wanted 2 jars, I left with the whole darn box. Yes there are a lot of them. LOL And the owner asked if I can. Umm no.

I placed some on my stone wall shelf in the dining room.


Here are my favorite that I would of paid $5 just for the pair....I love their shape!


I scored 13 jars for $5. Not bad! They will be great for decorating and storage.


I'm still seeing garage sale signs this far into fall. Have you been to any lately and got some goodies?

6 comments:

  1. wow... that was a great deal, love the look of the ones you put up on the stone wall... they are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great deal on those jars Kindra! Whenever I see them in my area, they are much more than I want to pay, Lol! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Around here depending who is selling them, they go for about $3 a jar. I love thrift store shopping and yard sales. My Hubby's grandfather was a junkman and I LOVED going to his place and finding treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome deal on the jars!!!! I have collected a few and one of mine I have my collection of old marbles in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a deal. I would have paid $5.00 just for the pair you showed! Love jars! Especially that shape!

    I've been hitting some garage sales lately and found some deals as well. Best deal was an entire exercise gym for Colt that is at least a $800 dollar piece of equipment for $75! Found me a wooden bowl, old lantern, and some autumn decorating items! I've been going on Friday mornings and there's not as many folks out as Saturday! :)

    Have a great evening!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the same way as you, I cringe when there are no price tags. There have even been sales where not a single thing is priced and I'll just leave. I'm not gonna walk around and ask how much every little thing is. You can always group everything you want and ask for a price but I've done that a few times and it's more than I want to pay so I end up leaving with nothing that took me awhile to collect. It can be frustrating.

    You scored big time on those blue jars!! What an awesome deal! I bought a couple of boxes of clear jars at a garage sale a few months ago and the lady asked me if I can also. She looked at me funny when I said no. She just had to know what I was going to use them for, hehe. I love how the blue looks on your mantel! Did those zinc lids come with them?? Then that really is a steal because they are always harder to find and cost more! Great job girl! =]

    Have a wonderful weekend~

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by my blog! I appreciate all your fun comments!