Friday, February 3, 2012

Big News For Google Friend Connect Users

Have you heard? The popular Google Friend Connect (“GFC”) is going away March 1st for non-Google blog platforms like Wordpress, and the rumor is that it will be eventually phased out completely to be replaced by Google+.  Now we are being asked to join Google+ but have found like many of you it can be difficult to navigate.

Bloggers know a good “follower” tool is really needed and we’d like to have one that is not tied to a million other services (seems like Facebook, Twitter and Google are linked to everything else on the Internet). One that we can use JUST to keep track of our favorite blogs!

Brent Riggs, the creator/owner of Linky Tools has created a FREE 'follower' system that is simple and reliable.
Introducing LINKY FOLLOWERS (http://www.linkyfollowers.com/)


 
There are many amazing options! You can group blogs by Favorites, Everyday and General and even Custom Groups. You can create a Blogroll that includes Blogs that DO NOT have Linky Followers but that you like to keep tabs on, and you can highlight a Featured Follower!!

Now the big question? Can my GFC followers be automatically moved over? NO. Google won’t allow access to those accounts but more importantly, YOU really shouldn’t sign up someone to a new service. They should voluntarily sign up themselves. You’ll need to ask your GFC folks (and all your blog readers) to follow you using Linky Followers but its easy, quick and did I mention, free? They’ll love the tool. It’s a cool way to organize and follow the blogs you love.

Click below or on my sidebar below Followers!

It’s very user friend and easy to manage all your blogging friends!
It’s available to everyone!


Join me and all my bloggy friends!


I'll be watching to be sure to 'follow back' friends who sign up to follow At Home With K. Just leave me a comment letting me know when your widget is up on your blog and I'll follow you back!

Remember you can also follow along by receiving FREE email updates to your email inbox, 'Liking' my Facebook Page or Pin with me on Pinterest!

13 comments:

  1. Thank you, Kindra for that info. I had heard that Wordpress was going to stop using GFC. Since Blogger still has not released a fix for the ongoing GFC problems, maybe they really are going to stop using it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend just shared this with me, I signed up, but I am not sure I'll use it yet. I just don't have a followers widget on my blog at all, and i am okay with that so far. But I followed you! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kindra, I have the Linky tool on one of my blogs now. Since I have so many blogs, I'll tell you which it is at: http://danicesblogtemplates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you add the Reply Delete to your blog?
    somethingniceandpretty@hotmail.com

    ♥Rondell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea??!! LOL I had no idea I had it until you left this comment. Maybe it's a new feature blogger added. Which is great!

      Delete
  5. so cool - I set it up too & am your newest follower - c'mon over & let's be FRIENDS! xo

    northerncottage.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really excited about this new option - I am following you and I hope you follow me back! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm following Kindra... please follow me back!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm following too...just set up my own LF so you can follow me back. Thanks!
    Shasta

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went to sign up and found that I already had some time ago. Totally forgot!! :)
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am following with both the new Linky tool and Google friend connect - hope you have a chance to visit and perhaps follow me back. Look forward to reading your new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'm following everyone that left a comment and then some. If I missed you, let me know! Let's support each other during this change!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was happy to see another option come out before google friend connect was gone from my blog! I like a lot of the options with this new linky followers. But updating manually will take some getting used to. Easy to forget! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by my blog! I appreciate all your fun comments!