Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pinning With K: 'I Love Us' Mini Signs

Pin It

Okay, like most of you, I'm addicted to pinterest! I pin almost daily and my to-do list grows and grows. LOL So I thought it would be fun to have a regular series here at At Home With K to help me tackle my ever growing list of projects inspired by pinterest!

I'm calling it
PINNING WITH K


I have a board just dedicated to projects to make. So I have a lot of catching up to do!

Today's project was inspired by This Pin. It is a great mini wood sign that I knew would be easy to make. My favorite part is the quote.


I decided to make 2 versions of it.
I grabbed a couple pieces of scrap wood I already had and painted them black.
 I printed out the saying from the computer with the font I liked.
I cut out the letters with an exacto knife.
Then I stenciled onto the piece of wood with white craft paint.
I sanded down the edges and added Early American MinWax Stain


It looks great next to my Willow Tree Figurines.


I also made a different version using stencils I already had on hand.


They both took just minutes to make.
One Pin down and a few more hundred to go.

Are you on Pinterest? Come on by and follow me! If you need an invite, email me and I'll send you one. See a pin on my boards you would like me to make next? Let me know in the comments!







Linking up HERE

13 comments:

  1. I have that same Willow Tree couple.... it's so sweet. Word blocks are fun to decorate with. Yours is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Pinterest! Absolutely addicting! I love the word block, you are so creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute!

    Hope you'll link up to my link party!
    Mauvin' Monday Link Party

    Cheers,
    Jessica, your newest Linky follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They both turned out great~~ LOVE pinning with K~~
    good job my friend, hugs, Darla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have to try these~following from Momnivore's Dilemma link up:)
    Please follow back if you'd like.
    http://www.rockpaperscissorscreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super cute!! I am pinning this :)

    I host a Weekly Friday Link Party I would love for you to come and link up!

    Ashley
    www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kindra - Love love love... I had to PIN ! xxx Nat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I love this! I have a shelf of Willow Tree figurines that need one of these signs now! :)
    Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are SO CUTE! I really need to start working on some of my pinned projects too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the distressed look. these are too cute! we'd love for you to link up at our Sunday Best party. :) http://griffithsrated.blogspot.com/2012/03/sunday-best-fashion-crafts.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. great idea! i love to collect sayings to use on clock faces and around mirror frames.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by my blog! I appreciate all your fun comments!