Thursday, April 5, 2012

Springing up the front Step

Pin It

I haven't had much time to really decorate for spring. We have been busy with family stuff, I'm so tired from working nights and I've been busy organizing/purging the house. Time is slipping away from me! But I did manage to get a few spring stuff up here and there.

Recently I spiffed up the entrance area of our home. I really don't know what to call it. It's not a porch...it's more of a cement slab. :)

I just love my old watering can. I got it for a steel at a flea market a couple years ago. The old chippy door was $5 at a run down antique place.


A wood flower greets you at the door. I just drew the flower free hand on a piece of plywood and hubby cut it out for me. I painted it, distressed it and added stain to it. A simple and easy project to do. Especially when your hubby will do the hard work for you. :)


I rummaged through my 'junk' and found an old window pane that I painted a long time ago. The basket I got at a garage sale for a $1.


I love my 50 cent chippy white chair! The wreath was also 50 cents. The sign was made from yours truly. And the fence, which is one of my all time favorite buys was $10 at a craft fair. Can you tell that I like a good deal?! LOL


I got my rocking chair out of the basement and moved it back outside for the warmer weather. I got this chair for free from my good friend. You can see the makeover here if you're new here.



Well you will have to excuse me, I have some more purging/projects/playing to do. Until next time!

KINDRA

13 comments:

  1. Your house seems to have a lot of character. I'd love to see a wide shot of the whole entry to get an idea of the entire front. Looks visually appealing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have a couple more areas to take pics of outside so I'll have to get a wide angle of my front 'porch'. :)

      Delete
  2. Love the touches that you added to the "porch". I don't know what to call ours either...it is 2 levels with no roof over it. I call it the porch, but it really doesn't look anything like a porch. LOL...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Porch just is easier to say than explaining it sometimes. LOL

      Delete
  3. Good Morning, Kindra,
    I love that term 'purging'...and I'm quite in the mood too. Only 28 days of school left here for us. Then I can get started.

    Your porch area looks fabulous. You are so very creative! Blessings to you and yours this Easter Season. ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natalie! Great to see you over here! Thank you so much! Have a great Easter weekend as well!

      Delete
  4. night shifts are the worst! especially the older you get! haha. I am still working at BryanLGH there in Lincoln and driving 3 hours for my shifts and that just adds to the horror of working!
    Your fence IS MY FAV.... Im so loving it and hoping I can find one some day!!! Neat spring displays... I love how you can do it for so cheap... My family is always making fun of me for this kind of stuff but I just love it too.
    Happy Spring

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elisha, you still work in Lincoln? Oh my. You should at least save an hour and work in Omaha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way your porch looks. You are always so talented.I so love the wreath and basket. I don't know how you do it working nights and being a mom, wife, and still have time to decorate. I think you are one SUPER WOMAN!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I do it either Donna. LOL But if I con't decorate and create then I'm not a happy momma. It's a great outlet for me.

      Delete
  7. I love your porch ~ especially your sunflower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your porch looks great. For someone who has so little free time you did a whole lot of spiffin up! You have a good eye for putting things together.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by my blog! I appreciate all your fun comments!