Friday, May 25, 2012

Easy Cedar Box Makeover

Pin It

I have an easy makeover to share that I did recently. 


I didn't take a before picture...I know shame on me. But here is the inside. It was just a basic cedar box that my hubby picked up from a garage sale. It's a great little storage box.


But I wanted to pretty it up a bit. I had picked out some scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby. I cut out the paper to cover all the sides of the box. I glued on the paper with Mod Podge. I painted the exposed edges with white craft paint.


I then took my electric sander and sanded the edges of the paper and paint to give a worn look. I then lightly applied some furniture scratch cover up all over the paper and paint to make it look just a little more worn.

I love how it turned out. It's a great piece to hide a few odds and ends in my office space.



Have a great Memorial Weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Shame on you :) I need to see the before..not really. I love this little cutie distressing the edges is also a nice touch. Stop by and see my Mod Podge birdhouses that I did this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. We all need pretty boxes to put some not-so-pretty stuff in. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Kindra.....you are so very talented!

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how cute is that? I have some wood boxes stored away, maybe I could try this technique on them. I have scrap book paper, would that work?
    Thanks for sharing this neat idea.
    Tamera
    Country at heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. A little history for you about the box.They were given to girls by a local business as a graduation gift to senior girls. I got mine in 1964.
    judy j
    http://hardincountykeepsakes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty box! It looks great, and I like the smell of cedar :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I received one of these when I graduated from High School...not sure where it went to. I may have to search my parents' house now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I graduated from high school in 1997 and received one of these as a graduation gift from the local hardware store. I still have it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this exact box. It was given to me years ago when I was a high school senior. All the girls received one.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy you stopped by my blog! I appreciate all your fun comments!